|This article is about the game by Sean Young. For the town within the game Littlewood, see Your Town.|
|Windows, Mac OS X, SteamOS + Linux (Steam)
|Closed Beta: April 25th 2019
Early Access: May 5th 2019
1.0: August 4th, 2020
Nintendo Switch (US): February 25th, 2021
Nintendo Switch (CN, MX, BR): March 11th, 2021
Nintendo Switch (EU, AU): March 25th, 2021
|Adventure, Casual, Indie, RPG, Simulation|
|Very Positive (Steam, October 2021)|
|Littlewood on Steam|
|“||The world has already been saved. Now it’s time to rebuild your town along with the hearts of those around you.||„|
The Hero Who Saved the World
You defeated the Dark Wizard. The world of Solemn is finally at peace, but at what cost? You can't quite remember...
- Explore the vast world of Solemn. Enchanted Forests, Bustling Fishing Towns, & Dark Mining Caves are some of the few places to visit.
- Meet Townsfolk and convince them to stay in your town. Perhaps meeting people will unlock your memories of the past…
- Collect rare items and materials found across the world and bring them back to your town for selling and crafting!
Customize Your Town
Littlewood starts off as a jumble of trees, rocks and weeds. You'll need to unlock new tools to harvest these materials for building and upgrading your town!
- Harvest materials by chopping wood, mining ores, catching bugs, and fishing in rivers and ponds!
- Unlock new structures to build by meeting new Townsfolk. Want a Tavern or a Lumber Mill? How about a Fishing Hut or a Magical Library? Your town's design is all up to you!
- Fulfill your Townsfolk's requests. Some may want to live on a higher elevation, others may want to be surrounded by trees and water. Fulfilling the requests of your Townsfolk will earn you their hearts and unlock new relationship paths.
Master New Hobbies & Crafts
Become an expert Fisherman. Cook delicious food for your Townsfolk. Craft a Golden Axe and cut down every tree. You decide what each day holds!
- Gathering: Whether you’re picking fruit or picking weeds, your gathering skill will level up! The Gatherer’s Glove is needed to unlock this ability.
- Mining: Looking for shiny ores to collect? Interested in rare materials for crafting? Then mining is for you!
- Woodcutting: Those pesky trees and debris that keep popping up all over town needs to be chopped! Wood is an essential material for building new structures and furniture.
- Bug Catching: Craft a Bug Net and catch all sorts of critters. Be sure to go bug hunting during each season and at different times of the day!
- Fishing: There's nothing quite like relaxing by a pond with a fishing rod in hand. You can sell fish for a decent price at the Shopping District, or use them as ingredients for new cooking dishes.
- Farming: Plant some seeds in tilled soil and wait a few days. Veggies are an essential ingredient to many cooking recipes! Also, they make your town look pretty.
- Cooking: Once you've built the Tavern and have become good friends with Bubsy, you'll be able to start cooking delicious meals for your Townsfolk! Maybe you can attract rare Townsfolk by serving unique dishes...
- Crafting: There are tons of structures, decorative monuments, and furniture to craft. Often times your Townsfolk will request specific objects that they would like to be placed in their home. Make sure you gather enough building materials!
- Merchanting: Selling items at the Shopping District will net you large sums of Dewdrops, which is the main currency in Solemn. As you become a better Merchant, rarer items will appear for you to buy!
- Tarott Monster: Once the Dark Wizard was defeated, all of his monsters were sealed away into Tarott Cards. Many Townsfolk collect and battle with these cards, and there is even a big competition held each year in Dirboros. Get collecting!
Make New Friends
Once you convince a traveler to stay in your town they become a Townsfolk! You'll talk, hang out, and build long lasting relationships.
- Animal Crossing: Anyone who has played Animal Crossing will tell you how relaxing and fun it is. Sean wanted to capture the satisfaction of customizing your home, hanging out with quirky townsfolk, and taking it easy by doing whatever you want day-to-day.
- Dark Cloud: This is one of Sean's favorite PS2 RPGs . The town building mechanics were top notch which have certainly influenced Littlewood's Townsfolk request system. Your Townsfolk will often request that their houses have specific furniture, to be placed on a certain elevation, or to be near or far away from certain structures in your town. It ends up feeling like a unique puzzle mechanic, encouraging players to build their town in a way that satisfies everyone!
- Runescape (2007): Who knew that grinding up skills could be so fun? Sean's approaching the 10 hobbies in Littlewood similarly to how Runescape approaches skills. Sean loves the idea of achieving level 99 in all of your hobbies, with each milestone granting you access to prestigious hats, trophies for your home, or even access to hidden areas. There are specific Townsfolk who are masters in their craft and can help you on your journey to becoming an expert in whatever you'd like!
- Littlewood on Kickstarter
- Sean Young's official website
- The official Littlewood Discord server
- Sean Young on Twitter
- Littlewood on Reddit
- Sean Young on YouTube
- SmashGames on Facebook
- Sean Young on Instagram